Hot Glass Forums  

Welcome to the Hot Glass Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our Flameworking community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Forum-Index Social Groups Glassified ADS Photo Gallery Members-Map
Go Back   Hot Glass Forums > LAMPWORKING: > Hot Glass Lobby

Hot Glass Lobby Meet with your fellow glass artists, new members and discuss general off-topic subjects.

Advertise
Here

Old 05-29-10, 05:16 PM
zombieglass zombieglass is offline Male
Style:
: Clarksville Missouri

zombieglass is on a distinguished road
Bottle making help.

I'm in need of a tool that I have owned and passed along to a younger soul to help his pursuits in bottle making. Now years later I wish I had that tool again. It's a necking tool to make a perfect lip for a bottle capping machine. A buddy of mine is brewing some exceptional beer and approached me about making some special bottles for special brews. Now I know somewhere out there one of you old timers has one of these laying around collecting dust. If you could see your way clear to part with it, I would gladly pay a fair price and maybe even throw in some good beer in real cool bottles. Or even if you could direct me to one. Any help would be great.........Gary
Old 05-30-10, 10:11 AM
glassblowingtv glassblowingtv is offline Undisclosed
email-bounced
Style:

glassblowingtv is on a distinguished road
ah yes the mysterious bottle necking tool, many times have i heard of such, but never seen one, if you have seen one, and how it is designed, would it be possible to fabricate another? if you could let me know how it is designed, id like to make one myself.
Old 06-02-10, 05:15 PM
zombieglass zombieglass is offline Male
Style:
: Clarksville Missouri

zombieglass is on a distinguished road
Bottle neck tool

I've held one in my hand and made a bottle you could cap. But time has moved that tool down the line and now I'm hoping to find another. If I'd had any idea this was going to be so hard I never would have parted with it. I wish I could give you the specs ..... I'd have you make two. I'm sure I could mic a bottle and figure it out but I still am holding out to find one.
Old 06-04-10, 09:51 AM
glassblowingtv glassblowingtv is offline Undisclosed
email-bounced
Style:

glassblowingtv is on a distinguished road
i hope you do, and when and if you do, please dont forget about me, a picture is all i need. on another note, have you ever seen a bottle threading tool? i heard it resembles a wine bottle opener, with a central plug,wich is inserted in the neck and a threaded mold, wich closes around the outside of the neck like a pair of tongs. from what ive been told, you turn one way to thread it, and when threaded, release the tongs and it is threaded. i doubt i could make one of these, even though i can visualize the design. the necking tool sounds much easier to fabricate.
Old 06-13-10, 09:23 PM
HerbalBurn HerbalBurn is offline Male
Style:
: Pittsburgh, PA

HerbalBurn is on a distinguished road
i dont know much about glassblowing yet, but from my understanding on all the topics i've been looking at, to at least give me a good idea about the subject.. but anyway, get on ebay, and buy some raw graphite(you can get alot for pretty cheap, and all you would have to do is sand it down, and cut the mold) then all you would have to do is take a bottle to make a neck mold so it can be capped.(leaving a plug or something to keep the neck from collapsing when the mold is in place)

my idea in thinking, is if your friend is making a unique brew, that isn't like Budweiser, an example of a commercial beer with a twist off cap, make it with a lip(like a nice IPA, or sam adams), so you would need a bottle opener to get it, instead of messing with threading in a mold..
then all you would have to do is fabricate the graphite mold onto some metal tongs.
hope the idea can stimulate something in your creative side, as i have no graphite to experiment for you.(otherwise i would make the tool
good luck!
Old 07-25-15, 07:22 AM
One Dream Design One Dream Design is offline Undisclosed
Style:

One Dream Design is on a distinguished road
We make a bottle neck threading tool, for making soap pumps, and oil pourers, its graphite and the glass is opened into the collar. Here is the link:
http://www.onedreamdesign.com/shop/i...roducts_id=304
Old 08-16-15, 06:03 AM
spicegang1234 spicegang1234 is offline Female
Style:

spicegang1234 is on a distinguished road
where

where can i find or the instructions