Hot Glass Forums  

Welcome to the Hot Glass Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our Flameworking community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Forum-Index Social Groups Glassified ADS Photo Gallery Members-Map
Go Back   Hot Glass Forums > BEADERS: > Glass beads general discussion area

Glass beads general discussion area Glass beads general discussion area

Advertise
Here

Old 06-26-11, 09:44 AM
blindn00b blindn00b is offline Male
Style:

blindn00b is on a distinguished road
hi all brand new here.

well like it says Im brand new here and to glass. Always been watching and wanting so figured id try the easy route.
I have a fireworks beginners torch and already want something different for more heat. Idealy id like to blow glass so what ever I upgrade to must be able to do that as well.
All i can say is this is fun and im hooked!!!!!!
Old 06-28-12, 03:34 AM
EmZajex EmZajex is offline Female
Style:
: Chicago

EmZajex is on a distinguished road
If you want to start blowing glass like with tubing and everything you'll need a stronger torch. If you're on a budget and/or brand new the HotHead torch should work decently for blowing. Obviously it won't be as strong of a torch as some of the crazy expensive ones but you should be able to at least start learning the basics of blowing tubing (Just don't let it pop, or at least don't breathe in the shards if it does!! eek!)
The Following User Says Thank You to EmZajex For This Useful Post:
Old 06-28-12, 06:36 AM
blindn00b blindn00b is offline Male
Style:

blindn00b is on a distinguished road
EmZajex
thank you for the reply. I have since bought a hothead and have been doing small beads and sculptures. Just saving up for a propane and oxygen torch now. Any ideas on a mixed fuel torch that wont break the bank?
Old 06-28-12, 08:11 AM
EmZajex EmZajex is offline Female
Style:
: Chicago

EmZajex is on a distinguished road
If you can spend around $150, sometimes a little higher (never more than $190) Cricket torch, National 8M torch, or Alpha Torch

I'm personally hoping to buy an Alpha Torch because they're very similar to the torches I learned on which worked well. I mean obviously none of them are going to be as powerful as the super expensive torches but sometimes those are intimidating if you don't work your way up anyway >.>