Hot Glass Forums  

Welcome to the Hot Glass Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our Flameworking community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Forum-Index Social Groups Glassified ADS Photo Gallery Members-Map
Go Back   Hot Glass Forums > Social Groups

Social Group
This is a public group.

Glass Engraving, Sandblasting and other techniques

Group Created by lejeuneglass

A forum to discuss and give support to those learning how to engrave with CO2 lasers as well as your techniques on glass and other materials. Also included is sandblasting, acid etching, on-glass stains. Basically, any techniques to enhance glass.

Showing Social Group Messages 1 to 10 of 10
  1. lejeuneglass
    06-28-10 11:46 AM
    lejeuneglass
    unfortunately, all of them are not good and must wear a good quality dust mask
  2. lncarlsonpe
    05-05-10 10:08 PM
    lncarlsonpe
    Lazer engraving sounds cool but expensive. I'm currently rebuilding my sandblasting cabinet and need a supplier for the protective polymer sheet to protect the glass.(hate to have to replace that too) Also I have been useing silica sand and do not like the dust or the risk of silicosis, Is there a better blast medium (abrasive) that does not pose a health risk? Thanks for any help - Larry
  3. GlazmonEarl"E"
    07-12-09 12:51 PM
    GlazmonEarl"E"
    Good day all, I also would like to know more about this laser engraving work, I do Intaglio carving- Blasting thru color to xpose and get design in my bit blown glass and then putting on the pipe again after knock off, dipping in the furnace and blowing up something nice with a design that was carved in before. simple explaination for complicated process. Leaves me an interest, Thanx Glazmon Earl"E"
  4. jasone
    06-06-09 04:45 PM
    jasone
    just got a sand blasting box and a 3 inch grinder that i need to get a good grinder wheel for, so if there are any suggestions on where to order a good wheel from please post some info, on my sand blaster though, i was in a posistion i could not walk away from, the box was normally priced at $150.. and was sold to me for $70 bucks, i picked up an air compressor that pushes 150 psi. which should def be plenty of pressure, but, i ended up with the wrong gun and tips. i would like to have a gun with a siphon, anyone with the know how and experiance, that could tell me a good site or store i can go to in order to pick up what i need to get rollin, oh yeah, i also got a 220 grit powder for working with, so if any info could be shared,it would be greatly appreciated as well, not a newbie, been lampworking boro for 12 years, just have not done much with the sandblasting and lapidory aspect of this awesome medium..
  5. jacksmam05
    05-04-09 06:21 AM
    jacksmam05
    Hi All
    I have just started out in Sandblasting glass and I am loving it after all the stress of tying to get my stencils to work in the uv exposure unit. I have now solved that problem but I have another. Would someone please help as to where to get the best artwork from that will expose in the UV exposure unit. I need pictures like 2 wedding rings entwined, bells and love hearts entwind but the pictures im finding are not black outlined enough and do not expose onto the film as they are less than 96dpi. Would be most grateful if anyone can help and point me in the right direction.
    Thanks all
  6. lejeuneglass
    09-16-08 05:58 AM
    lejeuneglass
    Is there anybody else out there engraving with laser? I'd like to discuss some of the challenges I've had and get a network going on this format. Thanks.....
  7. serge
    09-13-08 09:27 AM
    serge
    Ikonics is a good company to explore as they have lots of good resist products and a website that has lots of educational and training materials to help you select. I was introduced to this company this summer while taking classes at the Studio in Corning. The videos on the website help to sort "how to's" and "what material to use". Hope this helps...

http://www.photobrasive.com/faq.php

Serge
  8. judysare
    09-11-08 09:52 AM
    judysare
    I am interested in a less technical solution for etching dichroic glass, to achieve custom dichroic pieces.

Anyone have a simple solution for resist, photo process, and etching? I do a lot of photography, have computer, adobe photo shop, etc and I was hoping I could come up with a way to use the computer to make resists and then etch the glass with sandblaster? etching cream? Give me your ideas or past results please, thank you.
  9. Jim
    08-14-08 02:23 PM
    Jim
    Hey Phil, I'd like to see a photo of the glass you have engraved with the CO2 lasers.

Jim
  10. lejeuneglass
    08-14-08 11:49 AM
    lejeuneglass
    Hi! I recently purchased an Epilog 45 watt CO2 laser and struggling to learn the software(s) for engraving photos on glass, agate, and stone. I'd appreciate anyone who is doing this type of work for tips and troubleshooting. I hope this group will not only help, but attract more to this fascinating medium. Thanks.